International media literacy organisation Lie Detectors is recruiting an
Executive Assistant (m/f/d)
to support the Founder and Executive Director in pursuing Lie Detectors’ mission through excellence in administration, organisation and communication.
About Lie Detectors
Lie Detectors (https://lie-detectors.org) is an award-winning news literacy organisation working to tackle disinformation and its corrosive effect on democracy. Our practical journalist-led training format empowers school communities with critical media literacy skills and our insights inform international policy debates in the fields of education and data rights.
Lie Detectors is currently active in five countries in Europe. From its Brussels headquarters and country offices, a team of 25 staff and consultants works with a community of 200+ journalists, 1000+ teachers, national and international policymakers and education and data experts. Constant innovation and scale of activities place the organisation at the forefront of media literacy work in Europe. The organisation is expanding to new regions and audiences.
We are looking for an experienced and highly organised Executive Assistant to run the office of Lie Detectors’ Founder and CEO Juliane von Reppert-Bismarck. Regular tasks include scheduling, contact management, travel bookings and all support relevant to the CEO’s busy schedule of meetings and public events.
- Manage and rationalise the CEO’s correspondence and calendars
- Schedule appointments and register events attendance for the CEO
- act as a point of contact for external inquiries and coordinate the executive office´s communication with all Lie Detectors teams.
- Liaise with the offices of our key contacts
- Manage, input and update the CEO’s external contacts in Lie Detectors’ CRM; manage and update the CEO’s external profiles.
- Upkeep of strict online filing protocols to promote optimal sharing of complex information across the team
- Support the preparation and follow-up of meetings with Lie Detectors’ board, funders, others
- Record minutes from CEO’s meetings with team members and communicate and schedule actions arising from meetings
- Update the CEO’s external contacts in Lie Detectors’ CRM
- Keep documents and administrative matters in order and filed in the Lie Detectors management database
- Proofread and correct reports, presentations, and client-facing materials
- Lead on all hospitality related tasks and travel booking
- Assist in the adoption and optimisation of the Salesforce system and related technologies
- Support the Operations Officer on finance, governance, HR and general office administration
- Help uphold Lie Detectors’ standards and best practices
What we are looking for:
- You have previous experience as an Executive Assistant or in a similar role
- Experienced in exercising judgment and prioritising in consultation with a busy boss
- A successful track record of thriving in a fast-paced environment
- You have outstanding organisational skills (incl. project & time management) and love to make sure everything is kept in order
- You are fluent in using MS Office (Excel, PPT, Word), including for preparing presentations
- Experience working with Salesforce (or equivalent CRM) and shared data archives.
- You excel at communicating with a range of colleagues and external contacts in a cooperative and collegial style
- You’ve worked in a multi-lingual and multi-national environment
- You have excellent spoken and written English skills
- Knowledge of French and/or German is a plus
What we offer:
- Meaningful work for a sectoral leader and within a management structure focused on excellence and collegiality
- International work focused on a timely and high-level topic
- Working alongside a well-meshed and brilliant team – we’re proud to say that a recent external health-check found our team to have remarkably high levels of trust, respect and motivation
- A flexible working environment
- A full-time permanent position with an attractive salary
This position is based in Lie Detectors’ Brussels headquarters, where we work in a hybrid home/office work format
If this all sounds like an exciting and suitable next challenge for you, send us your CV and a short cover letter in English outlining how your past experience equips you for the role by 12 December 2021 to email@example.com (applications after this date are still welcome)
Please note that Lie Detectors is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Lie Detectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.