Belgium Programme Assistant (m/f/d)
Lie Detectors is looking for a Belgium Programme Assistant (m/f/d) to support Lie Detectors’ mission through excellence in operations and administration.
About Lie Detectors
Lie Detectors is an independent and award-winning news literacy project in Europe working to tackle disinformation and its corrosive effect on democracy. We do this by empowering young people and their teachers to sort fact from fiction online and understand how professional journalism works, and by advocating at international level for smart policies.
Our highly motivated team works from its Brussels headquarters and its country offices, engaging more than 200 journalists and more than 1,000 classrooms in Europe (currently Austria, Belgium, Germany and Switzerland) every year. We have developed a cutting-edge virtual format in response to the ongoing pandemic and will be growing our reach into new countries to engage young people, educators, policymakers and like-minded organisations in our cause.
To get to know us and our work better see coverage in the Financial Times, BBC, Spiegel Online, German broadcaster ZDF, the European Business Summit as well as our Covid-adapted work.
We are looking for a highly organised and resourceful Belgium Programme Assistant to support the scaling up of our rapidly growing and evolving organisation. You will complete a broad variety of organisational and administrative tasks to support the quality and roll out of journalist visits to classrooms across Belgium. You will be the point of contact for journalists and teachers while also assisting in advocacy and publicity activities.
- Support the smooth operation of Lie Detectors’ classroom visits, journalist workshops, public speaking/advocacy engagements and other areas.
- Support the country team in developing Lie Detectors’ networks and activities in Belgium
- Ensure the consistent administration of data bases, systems and operations
- Keep documents and administrative matters in order and filed in the Lie Detectors management database
What we are looking for:
- You have previous experience driving impact in an administrative or similar role
- You can demonstrate a successful track record of working in a fast-paced and evolving
- You have outstanding organisational skills (incl. project & time management) and love to make
sure that everything is kept in order
- You are proficient in using MS Office (Excel, PPT, Word)
- You excel at communicating with a range of diverse stakeholders in a cooperative and collegial
- Ideally, you’ve already worked in a multi-lingual and multi-national environment
- You have excellent spoken and written French and English skills – additional fluency in Dutch
would be a plus
What we offer:
- Meaningful work having an impact on a globally timely topic
- You’d be joining a well-meshed and brilliant team – we’re proud to say that a recent external health-check found our team to have remarkably high levels of trust, respect and motivation
- A flexible working environment
- A full-time permanent position with an attractive salary
The post of Belgium Assistant is based in Brussels where Lie Detectors has its headquarters however the
assistant will benefit from LD’s upcoming hybrid work policy.
If this all sounds like an exciting and suitable next challenge for you, send us your CV and a short cover letter in English outlining how your past experience equips you for the role by 24 August 2021 to email@example.com.
Please note that Lie Detectors is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Lie Detectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.