Germany Programme Student Assistant
About Lie Detectors
Lie Detectors (www.lie-detectors.org) is an independent and award-winning news literacy project in Europe working to tackle disinformation and its corrosive effect on democracy. We do this by empowering young people and teachers to sort fact from fiction online and understand how professional journalism works, and by advocating at international level for smart policies.
Our highly motivated team works out of its Brussels headquarters and its country offices, engaging more than 200 journalists and more than 1,400 classrooms in Europe (currently Austria, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany and Switzerland) every year. We have developed a cutting-edge virtual format in response to the ongoing pandemic and will be growing our reach into new countries to engage young people, educators, policymakers and like-minded organisations in our cause.
To get to know us and our work better see coverage in the Financial Times, BBC, Spiegel Online, German broadcaster ZDF as well as our Covid-adapted work.
Are you our ideal candidate?
We are looking for a highly organised and experienced student for our Germany programme. Reporting to the Head of Germany and Switzerland Programme and working closely with the Programme Assistant, you will support Lie Detectors’ classroom operations in Germany.
Your main task is to support the operational management and coordination of Lie Detectors classroom visits and teacher trainings in Germany. You will support the country team in developing Lie Detectors’ networks and activities in the country, and in the German-speaking world where required. You will also be in contact with Lie Detectors’ other country teams to ensure the consistent administration of data bases, systems and operations.
- Support the organisation of classroom visits and follow-up
- Support the organisation of trainers workshops
- Contribute to the updating and development of training workshops and visits
- Frequent contact and communication with journalists and schools
- Maintain and update databases in CRM/Salesforce
- Process feedback forms
- Respond to inquiries from teachers
What we are looking for:
- A bachelor student with at least one year of enrollment at the university ahead
- First working experience in project coordination or in a similar role
- Ideally a background in media literacy or journalism
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to take responsibility, but also understand where referral is necessary
- Well-developed project management and time management skills
- Ability to work in an English-language team (French is an advantage)
What we offer:
- Work student position of up to 19,5h per week
- Flexible working environment with the possibility of working from home regularly
- Centrally based office space in Berlin
While this position is based in our Berlin office, we operate a hybrid office policy, facilitating a combination of working from the office and from home.
If this all sounds like an exciting and suitable next challenge for you, send us your CV and a short cover letter in English outlining how your experience equips you for the role by 15 November 2022 to email@example.com. Please add your earliest possible starting date.
Please note that Lie Detectors is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Lie Detectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.