LIE DETECTORS – PRIVACY STATEMENT
Lie Detectors attaches great importance to respecting and protecting your privacy and the confidentiality and safety of your personal data.
This Privacy Statement informs you about the data-processing activities undertaken by Lie Detectors, who acts as data controller and does as such decide on the purposes and means of processing the personal data.
Lie Detectors is located at Avenue des Arts 56, 1000 Brussels, Belgium.
Its website is https://lie-detectors.org.
You can contact Lie Detectors via the contact form on the website and the general email address email@example.com.
What data we collect
- Information acquired through the Lie Detectors’ website (e.g. through the website contact form, event registrations forms, subscription forms or other).
- Information acquired when you engage with Lie Detectors via email, post, phone or personal meeting.
- Information acquired when you enter in a formal or informal contractual relationship with Lie Detectors (e.g. joining an event, participating in the Lie Detectors classroom visits programme, etc.).
This data may include:
- Contact information (e.g. name, email, phone, address).
- CVs, resumes or other information about yourself that you provide for specific purposes.
- Occupation and employment data (e.g. name of employer, position).
- Financial identification data (e.g. bank account details).
- Identification data (e.g. photographs, videos).
- Website browsing information (e.g. IP address, browser type, geographical location, session time) which does not identify any individual.
Purpose of data collection
In order to fulfil its mission, Lie Detectors collects and processes the data from various parties (e.g. journalists and media representatives, schools and educators, partners, collaborators, business contacts, and other stakeholders in the field of activity of Lie Detectors) for the purpose of legitimate interest of the association:
- Execution of the Lie Detectors classroom visits programme
- Event registration
- Management of requests for information
- Sharing of news, information and updates related to Lie Detectors activities
- Improvement of the operations and the website of Lie Detectors
- Other reasonable purposes, directly related to Lie Detectors
- Compliance with applicable legislation
Lie Detectors does not sell or rent personal information to anyone and only shares it with third parties who are facilitating the delivery of Lie Detector’ activities and services.
You are entitled to request access to – and rectification or erasure of personal data or to restrict the processing; as well as the right to object to processing, the right to data portability and the right to withdraw your consent at all times.
You have the right to withdraw your consent for a particular processing activity at any time. You can unsubscribe from receiving mailings from Lie Detectors at any time, using the unsubscribe function on the email.
You can contact us at any time by email, letter or phone to change or update your personal details.
If you have a complaint about the use of your information, we prefer that you to contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance so that we can address your complaint. However, you can also contact the Belgian Data Protection Authority via their website https://www.dataprotectionauthority.be or write to them at: Data Protection Authority, Rue de la Presse 35, 1000 Brussels, Belgium.
Lie Detectors reserves the right to continually update this Privacy Statement.
The last update was on 25 January 2019.